Super Thundermac 5-Spindle 4-Side Moulder
Built for super-high production requirements, the Super Thundermac series of 4-side moulder can bring your production speed to a new level.
The LEADERMAC Super Thundermac series features 200m/min. feed speed as standard. Higher feed speeds of 250 and 300m/min. are also available. This, combined with a 6000 RPM spindle speed, makes the moulder exceptionally ideal for high speed cutting operations. The entire machine is ruggedly and compactly constructed for extra high stability during high speed operation. In addition, the Super Thundermac is equipped with a user-friendly PLC control combined with touch-sensing for maximum operational convenience.
The Power and Precision for World-class Production Quality
Designed with High Production in Mind
The LEADERMAC 4-side molder is a compact power package that integrates high speed and heavy cutting operations, high accuracy, plus minimum trouble to maximize its impressive cutting capabilities. To ensure outstanding cutting results, the 6,000 rpm high speed spindle is carefully manufactured and tested before assembling. High feed speed up to 80 M/min. is driven by a frequency inverted motor, providing variable speed change. Our objective is to enhance each 4- side molder from LEADERMAC in order to upgrade your throughput and create more profits.
For All Your woodworking Applications
Choice of Machine Models – from Super Thundermac
LMC-523T (5-spindle) to LMC-1023T (10-spindle).
- All moulders awarded with CE certification.
- Faster feed speeds of up to 80 meters a minute (265 fpm) are standard – to 150 mpm (500fpm) – optional.
- Programmable controller provides convenient thickness and width of cut settings.
- Adjustment of each spindle can be easily performed using the front adjustment level.
- Exclusive, separate adjustment of the vertical spindles and the support tables allows the tables to be positioned extremely close to the cutterheads for added cutting stability.
- The full safety enclosure serves as a chip guard and helps to reduce noise.
- Each spindle is driven by an individual motor for powerful moulding and easy control.
- Multiple pneumatic pressure of the feed rolls can be easily set to provide an outstanding feeding effect.
- Table surfaces are hard-chrome plated for maximum wear resistance.
- All manually adjusted and turning parts are housed in dry grease lubricated bearings for oil-free lubrication.
- Automatic lubricator is provided to supply oil to the feed tables.
- One-piece, Extra Heavy machine frame is specially heat treated for maximum stability and rigidity by standard configuration.
- The powered outfeed rollers provide stable and smooth workpiece outfeed even for especially thin or smooth materials. The rollers remain perfectly parallel even after long-term use.
- Mechanical digital readouts for all head and pressure elements and the pressure elements of top spindle.
- Sectional Chip Breaker Assembly in front of top spindle.
- Motorized vertical adjustment of the top spindle including PC digital readouts.
- Finest Alloy Steel Spindles and housings with 2 sets of Ultra Precision Duplex Bearings in each spindle. All are permanently grease lubricated.
- Built in Straight and Profile jointers provide accurate operation with high quality finish.
- The full safety enclosure serves as a chip guard and helps reduce noise.
Speed Up Your Moulding Operations with the Latest Technological Breakthroughs from LEADERMAC.
The smooth initial feeding of the stock is achieved by means of the independently powered top and bottom infeed rolls.
SELF ACTUATING FIRST FEED ROLLER
The first feed roller (with built-in clutch) is powered, but with high speed infeed, the roller will run freely, eliminating potential damage to the workpiece and machine. This allows for smooth operation with exceptionally high feed speeds.
DESIGNED FOR PARAMOUNT STABILITY
Powerful, heavy-duty pneumatic side and pressure shoes for the left spindle provide extremely stable pressure for high-speed operations. A pneumatic top pressure roller in front of the right vertical spindle ensures constant stock feed.
Adjustment of all spindles is easily done from the front. The adjustment points are all at the same height, for more convenient and faster adjustment.
The sturdy and robust pressure pad is located above the bottom spindle, and is mounted to the machine body. This design reduces vibration and increases operation stability. The pad elevation is electronically controlled.
Greasing to all critical parts is conveniently made by the centralized arrangement of lubrication points.
The infeed rollers work in conjunction with a limit switch (gate) to stop the machine if workpiece is too thick or there is double up.
|LMC 523, 623, 723, 823, 923, 1023:|
|Working width (with a head cutting circle of 5.5″ (140mm)||30-300mm(1.18″-11.8″)|
|Working Thickness (with a head cutting circle of 6.42″ (163mm)||10-150mm(0.4″-5.9″)|
|Number of spindles, min-max||LMC 523=5 , LMC 523=6 , LMC 523=7, LMC 523=8, LMC 523=9, LMC 523=10|
|Motor capacity per spindle||37kw / 50HP|
|Spindle speed||6,000 RPM|
|Spindle diameter 60mm – std.||60mm (2 3/8″)|
|Head cutting circle, 1st bottom spindle, min-max||160-300mm(6.3″-11.8″)|
|Head cutting circle, vertical spindles, left, min-max||160-300mm(6.3″-11.8″)|
|Head cutting circle, vertical spindles, right, min-max||160-300mm(6.3″-11.8″)|
|Head cutting circle, horizontal spindles, top, min-max||160-300mm(6.3″-11.8″)|
|Head cutting circle, horizontal spindles, 2nd/3rd bottom, min-max||160-300mm(6.3″-11.8″)|
|Standard Feed motor||56kw / 75HP|
|Feed speed, infinitely variable by frequency driven motor||30-200 m/min (98-656 fpm)|
|Feed roller diameter||300mm (11.8″)|
|Feed roller width||2 x 50mm (2 x 1.97″)|
|Pneumatic pressure for feed rollers, max||6 bar|
|Adjustment range for infeed table and edge-jointing fence||10mm (0.4″)|
|Adjustment range of vertical spindles (axial)||80mm (3.15″)|
|Adjustment range of horizontal spindles (axial)||40mm (1.58″)|
|Length of the straightening (moulder infeed) table||1.6M|
|Diameter of dust hood for vertical spindle||Ø200mm (Ø7.9″)|
|Diameter of dust hood for horizontal spindle||Ø200mm (Ø7.9″)|
|Chainless extra heavy duty cardan drive feed system||?|
|Mechanical digital readouts for the cutterhead spindles, pressure shoes & chip breakers||?|
|Full sound and safety enclosure||?|
|Motorized vertical adjustment of feed||?|
|Lateral pneumatic pressure roller opposite first right spindle||?|
|Program system provides faster setting.||?|
* All specifications, dimensions and design characteristics are subject to change without notice.
- Fence & table with cooling system
- Smartset advanced control system
- Setting and measuring devices Profile jointer(s)
- Feed speeds of 250, 300m/min
- Maximum working thickness 200mm (7.9″)
- CE specifications
- Increased motor horsepower available
- Straight jointer(s)
- Profile jointer (s)